Saturday, October 01, 2005

Back again

It’s been a busy couple of weeks and there is always something that gets set by the side when you are hopping. Unfortunately it was my blog. Doesn’t mean I haven’t been busy though. I spun up a lb of a gorgeous corriedale cross into the thinnest singles I’ve done so far. The colors are super too. It’s fuchsia, mint green, and evening blue. The dye was RIT and I am really starting to like working with that. The only problem that I am finding is some of the darker colors bleed, unlike the Cushing’s that I have used in the past. .

Im pretty proud of the colors and and evenness of my spinning so far. This batch is going to turn into socks. Speaking of socks I found a super book. Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook.It’s an inexpensive book that talks about the process of creating designer socks with super dying techniques. LOTS OF PICTURES and great ideas. I am hoping to be working on a new batch of roving today with the new stuff I learned in it. Check it out if you like to dye your own roving, yarn or pre spun commercial yarns.

I also learned this week about Navaho plying. Wow that was a great time too. My plying wasn’t super even but I learned quick and it makes a nice strong 3 ply yarn. It doesn’t leave left-overs like a traditional plying and the colors come out so different. I am going to spin the next batch up SUPER thin and try to do a whole lb that way. It’s beginning to occur to me that I should be knitting something with all this yarn. Hmmm novel idea. Okay off to play mad scientist. More later…

1 Comments:

Blogger Persnickety Knitter said...

Love the colors of that yarn. Have you made anything out of it yet?

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home